Wednesday

Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos

I really enjoyed this book. It is a wonderful romantic story about not getting what you want, but getting what you need. The story is split into the different and distinct voices of Cornelia and Claire. This is a sweet story, but it's not overly done; it's a romantic-comedy, in a fresh and satisfying kind of way; it's an orphan story for the twenty-first century. The serious themes of mental illness, abandonment, divorce, death, and true love are all handled with a light touch. I loved the movie references by Cornelia, the literary references by Clare, but most of all I loved the author’s lyrical sense of style... she’s a poet so she definitely knows how to play with words. I found her writing style to be very entertaining to read. This is one you won't want to put down until you've finished! I didn’t want it to end - so next on my list : Belong to Me.

1 comment:

Beth F said...

Ok, this has nothing to do with Love Walked In -- but I finished Club Dead. Eric is looking better and better. I see what you mean. I won't get my review up until tonight or tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit