Monday

Musing Mondays

This week's Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page. To see everyone's answers, click on over to her blog.

How do you choose what to buy from your local bookstore? Do you have a list, or just browse? What is the selection in your book store like? Do you find what you're looking for? Do you feel pressured to buy the kind of books the store makes prominent? (question courtesy of MizB)

I never have a list or anything like that. I normally just browse and anything that catches my fancy I buy. Maybe once or twice I'll head out with a particular title that I need to get. But normally it's just something with a pretty cover or something that I've been meaning to get - that sorta thing.

As for the bookstore I go to, there aren't any independently owned or used book stores in my area. We only have mega-big Borders or the gi-normous Barnes & Noble (and still neither of them are close to me) so if I decide to go in person to buy a few books it's to either of those. They are well stocked and I can choose and pick all I want. Normally though, I tend to shop online it's easier, cheaper and I don't have to spend extra reading time to go out and do the book shopping. hehe

3 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Nothing like a little Carpe Diem?

Musing Monday 25

Darlene said...

You just reminded me that I need to do my Musing Monday post. I normally shop online too now as it's so much cheaper.

Beth F said...

I've given in to online shopping too. But I still like to go to the store and page through books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit