Thursday

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Author: Julie Kagawa
Pages: 368
Genre: YA/ Paranormal
Source: NetGalley

**May contain spoilers for those who have not read previous books**  [Shame on you!! What are you waiting for?]

In the Iron Queen we find Meghan contemplating returning back home to her mother, stepfather and little brother.  She dreams of returning to her normal life and away from the dangers of the Never Never.  She has even gotten as close as her front door, but she knows she can't stay for long, not without putting her family at risk.  Instead, she and Ash are swept back to Faery and the imminent threat of the Iron King.  The NeverNever is suffering gravely and the Winter and Summer Courts have formed a delicate alliance with one common goal in mind... the destruction of the Iron King.  Luckily Meghan has done a lot of growing up since the first book in the series.  She understands the role she plays in the bigger scheme of it all and is not reluctant in taking charge.

Wow, Wow Wow!  I keep reading the word EPIC in reviews and I must admit that the word EPIC really does fit in decribing the awesomeness that is The Iron Fey series.  It may very well be one of my favorite YA series.  Ms. Kagawa surpasses my expectations with every book she writes.  I can honestly say that I have no complaints (not one!) about this series.  In each and every book you fall even more in love with her characters, her world building, the action gets more intense and the romance gets more provocative.  

Meghan has shown so much growth throughout the story.  In The Iron Queen you can't help but feel proud of who she's become.  She's brave, smart and tough. She sees a challenge and she takes it by the reins.  The girl has some serious guts.  With the help of her loyal friends:  Grimalkin (who always comes through when they're in a pinch), her bitter yet always the BFF Puck, Ash (her Knight in shining armor), and some new friends they make along the way, they will set out to save the NeverNever.  I also want to make note (and this is the pure FanGirl in me) Ash was phenomenal in this book.  His icy cold demeanor from the previous books has warmed up and he's all-melty and yummy throughout this book.  The love between him and Meghan is downright sigh-worthy. 
 
In the end, I laughed, I cried, I stayed up late into the night reading it and when I finished it , I opened the first page and re-read it again.  I really can't gush about it any more than I have.  This is definitely a winner.


My Rating:

11 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I can't believe I still haven't started this series! It sounds so amazing, but I never seem to get around to it. Great review, Nely! :)

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say that I LOVE your site! I've added your button to my side bar & will be telling all my friends about you! :) TY for what you do!

brandileigh2003 said...

Oh my goodness was Ash awesome in this one!
I agree how Megan has grown, it has been really fun to watch.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Kailana said...

I considered getting this book from NetGalley just to see what I thought of the overall idea, but I didn't. One of these days I will read the first book. I can't remember if I asked the library to buy it or not and I don't want to ask again...

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Did you stomp your foot at the end and go give me the next one already? Cause that is how I felt :)

Michelle said...

This is seriously one of my favorite series. Outside of the phenomenal world-building the romance is just fantastical. Don't even get me started on the character development. I would recommend this series to anyone.

Once Upon a Twilight said...

Yes the best word for it is EPIC. I can't wait to read The Iron Knight!

Anonymous said...

WHY am I still waiting to read this?...I feel like I need to backread the other two because I almost forgot whats going on...

Team Ash...!!!

Chrystal said...

You worded it just right! I heart ASH!

I don't know if I've read a series yet like this. I cannot wait for the next book. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to read this one and you've made me even more excited to get my grubby paws on it. Great review!

Anonymous said...

I have heard nothing but glowing reviews of this book and series. Nice to have another excellent YA author and series out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit