Thursday

Thursday Tunes (Wicked)

Thursday Tunes is once again being hosted by S.Krishna. This is a new Thursday meme that I really hope catches on because if there's one thing that I like just as much as reading it's music. So, on that note, I'd like to share one of my favorite soundtracks this week.

Yes, my music is just as diversified as my reading. I listen to a little bit of everything. One thing that I love are Broadway Show Tunes. I drag my hubby at least once a month to catch whatever Broadway show has travelled to our city. Needless to say we've seen many of them, but the one that I had to download the soundtrack to my iPod the moment the show was over and have been listening to since (yes, these are all songs that bring that happy smile to my face when it suddenly shuffles on - you know the one) is the Wicked Soundtrack.

This is a recording of the 2003 original Broadway cast featuring Kristin Chenoweth as Glinda and Idina Menzel as Elphaba. My favorites are Defying Gravity, Popular and For Good but there are really so many good one's on this CD (including The Wizard and I, Dancing Through Life, I'm Not That Girl, As Long As You're Mine) - I can really keep going with this :) I was able to find some of the songs on YouTube but they are performed live so the quality is not so good.

On a side note, if you've never actually seen Wicked - I recommend that you drop what you're doing this instant and buy tickets to the nearest show. It is WICKED-ly GOOD! and that's all I can say about that.

3 comments:

S. Krishna said...

I love the Wicked soundtrack! Defying Gravity and I'm Not That Girl are two of my favorite songs. Thanks for participating, I hope you continue to do so!

ibeeeg said...

I enjoyed listening to the titles you lined to YouTube.

After hearing the songs, I wish I was able to take my girls to see Wicked. It just stopped playing here in my city on Jan. 25th. What luck...Hopefully we will get the chance at some point in time.

Thanks for sharing the soundtrack...We do like musicals.

BellsforStacy said...

I LOVED Wicked! I saw it in 2007 when it came to our city and I just ate it up. I loved it.

Defying Gravity is my favorite song and is on my all time top favs list. It's like a theme song.

I will definitely book mark Thursday Tunes and participate on my own blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit