I've been trying to read The Witches of Eastwick - and considering, I've been trying to do this for the past 2 days, I'm still not passed page 20. I hate when this happens to me. I'm dying to get back to reading the last 2 Sookie books, but they fall under a challenge that doesn't start until Saturday so I'll have to wait 'till then. Although I'm sure if I started now, I'd probably be done with both by then - ugh. So I'm stuck with The Witches of Eastwick. I'll do my best to get into it today, although I can't promise anything.
Other than that, tomorrow is Halloween, my hubby gets back from Vegas and on Saturday I'm going to see the New Kids on the Block (which I am thrilled about) with my friend Jennifer. So when I think of that it brightens my gloomy day.
Another thing to make me happy, I just ordered some books online. YAY ME! I got Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos, Testimony by Anita Shreve, The Guernsey Literary and Pottato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and In the Woods by Tana French. I can't wait to get them!
And that's it. Not much going on. blah
Current movie/tv obsession: Grey's Anatomy
iTunes Loop: Soulmate - Natasha Beddingfield
|Your Linguistic Profile:|
0% Upper Midwestern
Current book-in-progress: The Witches of Eastwick
Current movie/tv obsession: Private Practice/Pshing Daisisu
iTunes Loop: Good-Bye Earl - Dixie Chicks
40- The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson (9/29/08 - 10/02/08)
41- The Lucky One - Nicolas Sparks (10/3/08 - 10/11/08)
42- The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides (10/07/08 - 10/12/08)
43- Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris (10/12/08 - 10/14/08)
44- Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris (10/15/08 - 10/17/08)
45- Club Dead - Charlaine Harris (10/18/08 - 10/19/08)
46- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - F. Scott Fitzgerald (10/19/08)
47- Dead to the World - Charlaine Harris (10/20/08 - 10/21/08)
48- The End of the Alphabet - C.S. Richardson (10/21/08 - 10/22/08)
49- Dead as a Doornail - Charlaine Harris (10/22/08 - 10/23/08)
50- Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World - Vicki Myron (10/24/08 - 10/26/08)
51- Definitely Dead - Charlaine Harris (10/26/08 - 10/27/08)
Here's what I got:
Current book-in-progress: Definitely Dead
Current movie/tv obsession: Speed Racer
iTunes Loop: none
* Read Your Way Through The Whitcoulls Top 100 List.
* From November 15th, 2008 to November 15th, 2009.
* Pick one of the 4 "Top 100" lists linked below and decide how many books (at least 4) you want to read from that list.
* The initial 4 have to be 'new' reads (new to you, that is).
* Books beyond the initial 4 may be rereads.
* All books may be cross-overs for other challenges.
* Audio-books are A-OK :)
* You may change your list at any time.
* If you read enough books to actually complete one of the "Top 100" lists, I'll make a post in your honour.
I'm boring right now - not much going on. Still plan on heading out to the pumpkin patch over the weekend and finish buying goodies for the trick-or-treaters. Maybe go to the zoo.... not sure. blah
Current book-in-progress: Dead as a Doornail
Current movie/tv obsession: Grey's Anatomy
iTunes Loop: Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
2- No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
3- At least 5 titles must be fiction.
4- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
5- You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.
6- Sign up below using Mr. Linky.
1. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe (completed 4/09/09)
- How strict is the 26 or 52? I know it isn’t always easy to find those difficult letters. The thought of finding the X’s (for example) might scare folks away. It shouldn’t! I’m a merciful host! (Ask anyone!)
- If you want to give the X’s a go… For authors, try to find an X in the first name, middle name, or last name. For titles, it doesn’t have to be the starting word. Try to find an X somewhere in a title, and it’d count in my book.
- What about children’s books? Children’s books and YA books count along with adult fiction and nonfiction of all sorts. (Poetry and plays too. Short stories count if they’re in a collection.) I don’t see a need to discriminate between “adult” and “kiddie” books. Even picture books can count if you like. Though try to use them in moderation. I used a few picture books to get tricky letters this year.
- Overlaps are allowed with other challenges. In fact, you’d be a bit silly not to take advantage of this!
- PLEASE keep your reviews clean & respectful ~ these books we read are the hard work of an author, and we don’t need to be mean. Even if you didn’t like the book, please try to find something you can say that would be encouraging to the author.
- Reviews can be as short, or long, as you wish
- You MAY overlap with other challenges
- eBooks and Audiobooks ARE allowed
- if there will be spoilers in your review, please note this in the subject line of your post so that those who don’t want to read them can skip that review. Thank you.
20 One Fifth Avenue - Candace Bushnell (completed 2/09/09)
23 Outlander - Diana Gabaldon (completed 2/19/09)
24 Confessions of a Former Child - Daniel J. Tomasulo (completed 2/22/09)
26 M is for Magic - Neil Gaiman (completed 2/25/09)
27 The Mistress's Daughter - A.M. Homes (completed 3/03/09)
28 He's Just Not That Into You - Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo (completed 3/06/09)
37 Laura Rider's Masterpiece - Jane Hamilton (completed 3/29/09)
38 Firefly Lane - Kristin Hannah (completed 4/01/09)
39 Shoot the Moon - Billie Letts (completed 4/04/09)
40 I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti - Giulia Melucci (completed 4/06/09)
42 The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe (completed 4/09/09)
43 Girls in Trucks - Katie Crouch (completed 4/12/09)
44 The City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau (completed 4/13/09)
45 The People of Sparks - Jeanne DuPrau (completed 4/14/09)
46 One Deadly Sin - Annie Solomon (completed 4/16/09)
47 Jantsen's Gift - Pam Cope & Aimee Molloy (completed 4/20/09)
48 The Late, Lamented Molly Marx - Sally Koslow (completed 4/22/09)
49 The Blue Notebook - James A. Levine (completed 4/26/09)
50 The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton (completed 4/30/09)
51 The Prophet of Yonwood - Jeanne DuPrau (completed 5/02/09)
52 My Little Red Book - Rachel Kauder Nalebuff (completed 5/04/09)
53 The Simplest of Acts and Other Short Stories - Melanie Haney (completed 5/05/09)
Current movie/tv obsession: The Happening
iTunes Loop: Kindly Unspoken - Kate Voegele
Favorite quote in the book:
"Then a piece of him touched me. He wasn't standing that close. Yikes. Yahoo. Yum." -Sookie Stackhouse; Dead to the World
- You may not read more than 1 book per genre
- All books must be read within the challenge period
- No crossovers within the challenge, each genre should have a separate book
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed
- Audio books are allowed, graphic novels are not
- You may make a list of books, but that’s not mandatory and you can change your picks at any time before or during the challenge
Here is my list of categories:
So I'm off - tootles.
We got back from seeing Hairspray about 25 mins. ago. That was great too! I loved it. It was one of those shows that I couldn't help smiling the whole way through. The songs were great. The acting was spectacular. It was awesome. I loved the colors and the costumes. My husband says it's because I live my life in hypercolor like that. I think it's true - I do. LaLa Land.
Last night we went to see the Secret Life of Bees. Obviously, not everything in the book was in the movie but then again it was only 2 hours long. I found that they stayed true to the book. I really enjoyed it. Queen Latifah and Dakota Fanning were unbelievable. I laughed, I cried - yep, just like the book. Watch it.
I spent the morning at my grandmother's house with the kids. They had a blast like always. From there we went and while Jenna napped, I went to do groceries at Target with the baby. Shortly after that, I had Julio drop them off at my mom's so that we could start getting read for the show. and the rest is history.
I haven't had much chance to read today but I will make a point to do so tomorrow.
Nothing much else planned for the weekend. I have to clean house, wash, dry and put away clothes, change bed sheets in all 3 rooms, etc. fun times! I also want to try to take Jenna to the park with her bike so she can ride around in a bigger space than my backyard.
Current book-in-progress: Living Dead in Dallas
Current movie/tv obsession: Grey's Anatomy
iTunes Loop: Fools in Love - Inara George
- Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
- You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.
- Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
- You don't have to post your choices right away, and your list can change at any time.
- 'Award winners' is loosely defined; make the challenge fit your needs, keeping in mind Rule #2.
- SIGN UP using Mr. Linky below.
- Have fun reading!
Here is my list:
1- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon (2003 Whitbread Book of the Year Award) (completed - 1/07/09)
2- The Gathering - Anne Enright (2007 Man Booker Prize) (completed 10/29/08)
3- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (2006 Glass Key Award) (completed 12/12/08)
4- Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris (Anthony Award for Best Paperback Original 2001) (completed 10/15/08)
5- Doubt: A Parable - John Patrick Shanley (2005 Pulitzer Prize) (completed 12/27/08)
6- Blindness - José Saramago (1998 Nobel Prize) (completed 1/11/09)
7- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz (2008 Pulitzer Prize) (completed 11/6/08)
8- The End of the Alphabet - C.S. Richardson (2007 Alcuin Award) (completed 10/22/08)
9- Inkheart - Cornelia Funke (2004 Book Sense Children's Literature Award) (completed 12/17/08)
10- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Ann Brashares (2004 YRCA Award) (completed - 11/13/08)
So lately, I have been noticing on some of the blogs I've visited links to reading challenges - and like the nerd that I am, I have decided to join one. This is not a very strenuous challenge as I can list the books I want to read and all I have to do is read them from 9/22/08 - 12/20/08. I am obviously starting a little bit late but I know I will be able to get my reading list done within the time frame set and of course provide my input on each book read.
I'm not feeling all that great today. My stomach has been acting up since after lunch yesterday and I've been a frequent visitor to the toilet since - ugh. This hadn't happened in a while - but I guess all that healthy (insert sarcasm) food I ate while at Disney didn't help my situation.
Lucky for me Julio is in town this week so I get to relax a bit with some help from him with the kids. Hopefully we get to bed early tonight and I am able to catch up on some zzz's.
P.S. - I LOVE SOOKIE STACKHOUSE! I'm dying for it to be lunch time so that I can run to the car and read some more. Okay, carry on.
Current movie/tv obsession: none
iTunes Loop: Let the Bad Times Roll - Paul Westerberg
Current movie/tv obsession: Blue Sky
iTunes Loop: Amarillo Sky - Jason Aldean
Once again, here are our pics: