Monday

Manic Monday Recaps

Not that I'm complaining, but my weekend just sorted of ended a bit too fast. I will confess to my life being hectic for the past week with my son's third birthday, bouncehouse, cake and all sorts of other need-to-do things, but alas that is all over now. So let me tell you a little bit about my Saturday = birthday party madness - woke up at the crack-o-dawn and started getting all the platters, chips/dips, pastelitos (because us Cubans don't do parties without pastries), cake, got my nails did, and obviously I had to pick up/do each of these things at different venues. By that time bouncehouse/chairs/tables folks were there setting up. After hubby, kids and I had a blast bouncing around in the bouncehouse, finished last minute details and headed for shower. By the time I was done with shower people were already there - meaning I had to throw some gel in the hair and rock the wet look. This was around 2:30pm. By 3:30pm it was raining. Meaning 30 people inside my house. Haha - obviously not a dull moment, with crumbs everywhere, Sprite on the floor, and tons of grubby/greasy fingers on my furniture and walls. It was fun though and my children and their friends had a blast - it was well worth it. I think I passed out around 10:30am after re-cleaning the house (since I can't throw a party without a clean house to start - I cleaned for 6 hours on Friday night). Needless to say, I wasn't able to get as much reading as I would have liked, I did try my bestest. I just finished The Crazy School during lunch today, but I'm cheating and counting it as last week's read.

These guys are on my countertop as of Saturday:


- 31 Bond Street by Ellen Horan [Harper]
- Hush by Kate White [Harper]
- So Much for That by Lionel Shriver [Harper]
- In a Dark Wood by Marcel Moring [Harper]
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith and Jane Austen [FSB Associates]
- Raven Stole the Moon by Garth Stein [Terra Communications]
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa [purchase]
- Prom Nights from Hell by various authors [purchase]
- Incarceron - Catherine Fisher [purchase]
- The Season of Second Chances by Diane Meier [from author]

Here's what I plan on reading this week:

Last week I read the following:
- Nothing But Ghosts - Beth Kephart
- Dream House - Valerie Laken [review]
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
- The Crazy School - Cornelia Read

I reviewed the following:
- One Amazing Thing - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni [review]
- Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane [review]
- Wake - Lisa McMann [review]

... & just because I had to share - check out my kids' excitement over getting ready for James' 3rd Birthday Party and all the Spiderman hoopla. They had a blast!


Have a great week.

11 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute :)

Jennifer@ Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

Great list of books! I received Hushed as well, and i'm excited to read it. Enjoy the books!

Cynthiagarrido2004 said...

Ohh Nely I so know how you feel I've thrown those parties before and it's non stop but so worth it for the kids... I wish your son a Happy Birthday

xoxo
Cynthia

christina said...

I can't wait to hear your opinion on The Strain.

Celticlady's Reviews said...

Your children are adorable and all the mess is worth it...I want to read 31 Bond Street, looks like a goody!!!

The1stdaughter said...

Wow! What a weekend! I will definitely give you your last book as lasts weeks' reads. I don't know how you pulled off all the reads you got to. But what cute kiddos!

Can't wait to hear what you think of all those fabulous books! Have a more relaxing week, okay?

Amy said...

Hey, my baby turns 3 on Wednesday. Amazing how fast it goes!
I finished reading and reviewing Skip, After the Fire a Small Still Voice and Day out of Days.
Am in the midst of a Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian and The Waitress was New.
Next up is The Disappearing Spoon about the periodic table of elements (non fiction).
Get some rest, will ya?

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Hon, sounds like you needed a weekend away from the weekend! But I know how special those days are!!! My baby girl is 16... going on 17 this year... sniff sniff...

Ryan said...

Adorable kids!

I've been wanting to read The Strain since it came out, hope you enjoy it.

Vanessa Book ♥ Soulmates said...

They're sooooooo cute and huggable!!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute...;D
I just bought Incarceron-(did I spell that right) Cant wait to see what you think- I heard today its going to be a movie- that was fast...they are crankn out these YA books and movies so fast now I can hardly keep up!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit