Monday

I got the blues........

So the weekend is gone now and I'm back to work - bleh. On Saturday we were able to go see Mamma Mia! as planned. I loved it. It was silly, funny, raunchy, and all that to the tune of a song.... loved it. It was a feel good movie - nothing dramatic or engrossing... just a fun movie. I went with Jennifer and Anais - a girl's morning out. From there we went to AC Moore and shopped for a while. We weren't able to do Pei Wei because we, of course, took too long shopping. And then off to our scrapbook adventures.

I did the Love Bug layout - which I might add came out beautiful. (I'll post pics later) After that I worked on a little brag book - which is almost done. (I'll post some pics of that too)

On Sunday, we had breakfast at Denny's with the kids and then we took them for some fun at Barnes & Noble. More like mommy had some fun - but they also love going and just taking all the books they can get their little hands on off the shelves and on the floor. They run around and jump and just have a good 'ol time. While daddy and I chase them around. Quite fun for all.

We were able to catch a few movies: we watched Penelope, Vantage Point and Shutter. They were all good. We spent the afternoon doing that and around 7p we headed out to the funeral home for the viewing. We were there 'till about 10p. Then home and finally bed. yay!

This morning we went to the burial. Really, one of the saddest things I've ever done. It broke my heart. That's all I can really say about that. Just to see the man's three grown sons balling in front of that casket killed me. It was heart-wrenching. I'm still sad and feeling a little depressed but am optimistic and feel that everyone will be okay. Life goes on and we'll always have memories of the good times.

On a less gloomy but still not bright note, I turn 30 in two weeks. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. I'm thinking of just renting for a long weekend at the beach. Just relaxing with the hubby and kids. Not sure though. My sister and her husband are in mourning and I'm sure they won't be going with us. So without them it won't be the same to go out. Still up there - we'll see.

No plans for the night. Maybe watch a movie or cuddle up and read my book that I've been putting off. I hate when I get like that. I need to get out of this slump.

I also need to get on a diet - fuck me.

Current book-in-progress: The Poisonwood Bible
Current movie/tv obsession: Penelope
iTunes Loop: Dance With My Father Again - Luther Vandross


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit