Thursday

Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy

Laparoscopic (lapah-ROS-ko-pik) Cholecystectomy (ko-le-sis-TEK-to-me) is surgery to treat gallbladder and bile duct diseases. These diseases include cholecystitis (swelling of the gallbladder) and cholelithiasis (stones in the gallbladder or bile ducts) - Lucky me I have both.

In a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, small incisions (cuts) are made in your abdomen. Special tools will be inserted along with a laparoscope through these incisions to do the surgery. A laparascope is a long metal tube with a light and tiny video camera on the end. This gives caregivers a clear view of the abdominal area while watching the images on a monitor. During this surgery, your gallbladder and gallstones will be removed. With a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, cholecystitis and cholelithiasis may be cured and the symptoms they cause relieved.

SOUNDS VERY ENCOURAGING! Wish me luck. I'm being wheeled in to pre-op at 8:30a.

..:EDIT:..

Surgery was done earlier this morning and was a success. I feel like shit. Bring on the PERCOCET baby!

Current book-in-progress: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Current movie/tv obsession: John and Kate Plus 8
iTunes Loop: none

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit