Pain in my.... side!?!

So last night, I had to drive myself at 3a to the hospital due to a pain that I had in my chest which then transferred itself to my lower back. Talk about fun times. The pain started around 7p while I was still at my mom's house. Luckilly she helped feed and shower the kids - since Julio was in Jacksonville at the time and honestly I felt horrible and wouldn't be able to do it on my own. Around 8:30p I finally decided to just go home. My mom tried to convince me to stay at her house but I told her I'd be fine once I showered and layed down for bed.

I got home, took the kids straight upstairs, showered (with both of them driving me crazy in the bathroom), put the baby in his crib - which no longer phazes him as he came right back to my bed and I advised Jenna I just wasn't feeling well enough to stay up with her. I told her to watch tv in her room until she got tired and then just to come to bed with me once she got sleepy. I called the hubby explained that I was having chest pain (back pain didn't start till later in the evening) but that it was nothing to worry about, etc. and got to bed.

Around 2a I couldn't stand the pain in my side. I didn't know what to do - I was freaking out. So I got up and started walking around the room and then changed into sweat pants and a decent shirt just in case I decided to call 911. I laid backed down, got back up, laid back down - ugh.

At 3a I just couldn't take it any more. So I called my mom and explained that the pain had not subsided but instead had gotten worse and that if she could come over and watch the kids so that I could go to the hospital. She was over in less than 10 mins. God bless her soul. After a brief conversation on what the course of action was to be, I decided to take the kids over to her house so that she wasn't stranded in mine - especially since Julio wouldn't be getting home till late tonight.

I finally drove myself to Memorial Miramar Hospital and explained what I was feeling and after a while the nurse explained that it might have something to do with my gallbladder so they were going to put an IV in and take me to the ER.

Can I tell you I did not sleep all night. They poked and prodded, did a sonogram and came to the conclusion that I had to be admitted since my gallbladder was full of stones and it would most likely need to be removed but that I first needed to see a surgeon so he could determine how bad the situation was.... ugh.

So that's where I am now - sitting in my room with my ass poking out the back of my stylish gown wondering what the hell is going on... and can I tell you I still haven't slept and I can't, even if I try. I had a CT Scan done today - that was pretty cool. I slept for an hour there. Julio should be here shortly. Yay! I need him here with me so I'm not freaking out.


SURGERY is scheduled for early tomorrow. There goes my Kenny Chesney concert. FUCKTASTIC!

Current book-in-progress: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Current movie/tv obsession: What Not to Wear
iTunes Loop: none

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit