Friday

Testimony by Anita Shreve

I cannot speak highly enough of this book. It is based on a very disturbing subject - a high school sexual encounter with one 14-year-old girl and three 18-year-old boys winds up on tape and destroys a number of lives.

The story is told in a very unusual format... there are about 15 different narrators. It is told this way because what you are reading are interviews conducted by a researcher from a local university on the effect alcohol has on male students. The interviews come from the Prep School Headmaster to the cafeteria cook. Every interview is a puzzle piece to the final concluding moment where all the pieces come together to reveal a very compelling, can’t put down, stay up late to finish the book type of story.

This was my first Anita Shreve novel and I was highly impressed. I recommend it 100%.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit