Monday

Musing Mondays

This week's Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page. For more responses, mosey on over to her page.

What do you use to mark your place while reading? Do you have a definite preference? Do you use bookmarks, paper, or (gasp) turn down the pages? If you use bookmarks, do you have a favourite one?

I am addicted to magnetic bookmarks. Yes, I have two little rugrats running around who love to pull out my bookmarks. It was easy for them since my other bookmarks tended to have a string or ribbon hanging off the book. These new magnetic bookmarks that I've been buying are awesome for me. Firstly, nothing hangs off of the book so they're harder to detect. Secondly, I am able to mark the book anywhere around the edges - which is cool if I stop reading somewhere mid-page. Plus there are four in each pack so once one of them gets a little bent out of shape or one of my kids sticks it in his/her mouth and it gets all gooey, I just switch on over to the next one. Here's a pic of the one's I buy all the time:

They also have doggies, monkeys and all other types of cutie-patootie little critters. :D

7 comments:

Beth F said...

Those are so cute! I really have to check into the magnets that everyone's been talking about.

Darlene said...

Those are cute but do they leave a mark on the page at all? I had some one time that did so I quit using them. I'm a straight piece of paper bookmark kind of girl. lol.

Nely said...

Dar: Nope, no marks whatsoever. They are perfect and small enough to where they are really great. I love them.

Nise' said...

I am going to check out these magnetic bookmakrs.

Michele said...

Crap. You mean all this time there has been a solution to my kid's bookmark game? (You know the game where the toddler pulls out mommy's bookmark and feeds it to the baby?)

It's good to know that I'm finally going to beat them at this game! (Off to buy magnetic bookmarks now)

Nely said...

Michele - OMG, you know that game too. My kids USED to do it all the time. Yes my 3 year old fed them to my 1 year old... it wasn't fun to get back all these soggy bookmarks - not to mention I also lost my place in the page. :D

Rebecca Johnson said...

Everyone seems to be loving these magnetic bookmarks. I've never seen them before, but I think I'm going to have to try them out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit