Monday

Manic Monday Recaps (Week 1/11/10)

Brrrr! My gosh is it cold here in South Florida. I am not used to this weather and am, quite frankly, freezing my butt off. The weather has been dropping every night into the low 40's and 30's. People are getting frosts on their cars!! That alone hasn't happened here since before I was born. I'm wearing scarves and gloves to work... yes, I'm a wuss and don't know how to handle this cold weather. Don't make fun of me.

With that said, I got plenty of reading done over this past weekend because I refused to leave the house and spent the whole weekend under the covers with a book on hand (except for Going Bovine - which I skipped, but promise to come back to). :D Yay! When I wasn't under the covers, I was working out to my Wii Fit (whoot - New Years Resolution in effect). I'm sore and cold and just pretty miserable today.

Here's what I plan on reading this week:



Last week I read the following:
- A Matter of Class - Mary Balogh
- Columbine - Dave Cullen
- Lips Touch: Three Times - Laini Taylor
- Breakfast in Bed - Robin Kaye
- Getting Lucky - Carolyn Brown

I reviewed the following:
- Once a Witch - Carolyn MacCullough [review]
- The Devouring - Simon Holt [review]
- Push - Sapphire [review]
- According to Jane - Marilyn Brant [review]
- Rion - Susan Kearney [review/giveaway]
- Princess of the Midnight Ball - Jessica Day George [review]

And there you have it. Hopefully I'll warm up soon as I feel as if my bones hurt from this cold weather. Hope you are all well and warm.

Toodles.

6 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I feel ya sister! I had 28 this morning in Orlando!

My husband and I stayed in bed watching movies and playing Scrabble this weekend.

Darlene said...

I'm not laughing even though I wouldn't be cold at your house right now, I do fully understand how you all are just not used to it. It's a shame to see crops freezing though, that breaks my heart.

Enjoy your reading - I loved Bridget JOnes. The book and the movie!

Vanessa Book ♥ Soulmates said...

Jacob! That's the book you were telling me about last night! Niceeeee. Let me know how it goes!!

Ivana said...

I hope the weather got better. We are fighting floods.
I have an award for you to cheer you up! http://willingtoseeless.blogspot.com/2010/01/tss-awards-awards.html

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

I loved the cold..Central FL here. Now its back to its old self it couldnt last long

Unknown said...

Has it warmed up yet? The cold is good. Gives you a reason to stay in bed. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit