Monday

ShopGirl by Steve Martin

Personally I didn’t know Steve Martin could write so well. The book was insightful, relatable, playful. Steve Martin is a man of many talents and I quite hero-worship him now. As for the writing style, I'm not sure how else to describe it other than to say that it's masculine. Almost every sentence in the book is very short, to the point, and matter of fact like it's written from a man’s point of view. I found it a bit depressing even though it had a (supposedly) happy ending. Yet I found the characters to be very endearing with all their imperfections. They grew on me. If you liked the movie then the book is a definite must.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit