Thursday

YA-D2 Reading Challenge


I know, you must be thinking... another challenge?!!  But yes, I'm joining another challenge.  I couldn't pass up on this one - Bart's Bookshelf is hosting a YA Dystopian Challenge.  I love dystopian novels!!  So why not do a challenge right?  Plus they might even coincide with my RIP Challenge qualifications.  I'll try  to complete: 

Level 3: Is for the dystopian die-hards! Minimum requirement for this level is five young adult dystopian novels, between the 1st October and 19th December. There is, however no maximum cap, you can keep reading for as many books as you like!

Here are some of the titles I have in mind for the challenge:
- Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien
- The Giver by Lois Dowry
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pheffer
- The Diamond of Darkhold by Jeanne Duprau

Some other good one's for this challenge - too bad I've read them already:  How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff; Anything Hunger Games; The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson; The Host by Stephenie Meyer; The Forest of  Hands and Teeth & The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan.  Just some ideas for those of you that might consider joining in the fun. 

Do you have any other suggestions for me?  I'd love to hear them.  

The challenge will take place from October 1st 2010 through December 19th 2010.  Wanna play too?  Here's the challenge sign-up post.

5 comments:

Veens said...

All the best :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Yeah!!!

I love Dystopian Fiction! And I have plenty of YA Dystopian books sitting on my TBR pile for this challenge!

Thanks for posting about this! Now I know!

Cecelia said...

I joined this challenge last year and it was a blast. I'll have to take part again...(though when I'll find the time to read these books, I don't know!)

Unknown said...

Welcome aboard! Really hope you enjoy the challenge. You've got some fantastic books listed there! Thanks for taking part. :) I'm hoping to read The Maze Runner as well, heard such good things about it.

Megan said...

I am really excited for you to read The Giver. Lowry is a master storyteller and after all the dystopian you have already read, I still hope you find her to be a treat.

I am really excited for the companion novel to Jenna Fox. That was such an interesting story I can't wait to read more of Jenna's world, especially from a different perspective.

You need to check out Skinned by Robin Wasserman!! I actually liked it better than Jenna Fox.

I see lots of us are planning on reading Matched too. I am curious how everyone will respond to that. Will we all over the place in our reaction to it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit