Monday

Tempest by Julie Cross

Title: Tempest
Author: Julie Cross
Pages: 334
Genre: YA/ Sci-Fi
Source: Purchased
The year is 2009. Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.

That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future.

Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.  But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler. Recruit… or kill him.

Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world. [via GoodReads]
Although I had a slow start with the first chapters, I found Tempest to be quite the page-turner.   I'm not sure about you, but I always tend to get slightly confused when reading a time travel story.  And, thus was the case with this one... But let me assure you, I was easily able to figure it out and get my years straight.  Once I had that going, it was very easy to understand and enjoy.  

Ms. Cross has written an intriguing and action-filled story that kept me on the edge of my seat.   When Jackson gets stuck two years in the past - leaving the present year at a moment that is crucial to his relationship with his girlfriend Holly, not only will it be hard to trust anyone in the current year, but he'll have to start from scratch befriending Holly and hoping that he can find a way to get back into her heart.

Jackson is a very likeable and wonderful narrator.  He's just as confused as you, the reader, are.  He doesn't know how he time travels, much less how to maneuver around time.  He doesn't know if he's a good guy or a freak of nature, whether his father is the business man he claims to be or someone with an ulterior motive, whether it's a good idea to contact Holly throughout time or just leave her be...  needless to say, I found myself captivated by Jackson's dilemma.   

Action, romance and suspense are the leading factors in this tale... and it's the first of a series.  I cannot wait to see what happens next!  

My Rating:

17 comments:

Book Soulmates said...

I've picked this up a few times because I've enjoyed the time-travel books I've read and this one sounds really interesting.

I guess I now have one more for my TBR pile!

♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I agree! This book is a page turner :)
I almost cried at the end...

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Kailana said...

I have gone back and forth about whether or not I want to read this. I should just read it and get it over with...

Anonymous said...

I loved this one too!! My favorite scene...when they go flying off the roof...that was awesome...:D

Laura Massey said...

Oh, I loved this book! I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

Candace said...

I loved this too! I did get a bit confused but nothing too bad. :)

Robin Adam said...

Wow! Thanks for publishing a blog about "Tempest by Julie Cross". I have read this book and this is an interesting book for me.
clear cupcake boxes wholesale

Custom Boxes World UK said...

Thanks for the nudge. I appreciate that you took a simple article explaining the process step by step and how to build momentum. I would like to share something related to custom boxes. Please check the link here:
https://www.customboxesworld.co.uk/product/eye-shadow-mascara-boxes-and-packaging-uk/

Aeryn Watts said...

You told a amazing story.
15ml essential oil bottles boxes

Mikel lee said...

such a great post I like it very much keep it up.
Shirt boxes near me
Shirt boxes USA

Mikel lee said...

It is very informative post thanks for sharing the information.
Shirt boxes Chicago
Retail boxes USA

Aeryn Watts said...

I really liked your post. Thank for sharing post.
E liquid boxes wholesale

Custom Boxes World USA said...

Custom Boxes World is among the printing and Essential Oil Box Supplier Company from the USA.Essential Oil Boxes

Custom Boxes World USA said...

Buy Custom Boxes online with simple and easy custom packaging boxes process.

James Elliott said...

Thanks for this nice article your content and your photographs are so beautiful. Thanks again for this article. I hope, you continue it in future.
Complete your living room with a stylish corner sofa finished in premium leather or luxury fabric, for exceptional comfort. Shop the collection at Velvet Sofa.

Custom Boxes World UK said...

Muffins are mouthwatering and alluring food items. They are known for their novelty and succulence. Special protection is required in their packaging to maintain these quality measures. Custom Muffin Boxes serve this purpose most effectively. These boxes are available in all shapes and sizes.

packhitpackaging said...

Thank you for sharing an informative blog. So much helpful for newbies and easy to read. I appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work.
presentation packaging boxes
presentation box wholesale

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit